For more than 20 years, Master Trader Nick Santiago has been beating the markets. He’s made some incredible calls along the way and now he’s looking to spread the word. There’s no reason that the average trader should be coming up short. So now we’ve started a daily show to bring you up to date on the latest market developments. Nick will be sharing trades and concepts and discussing current trends.
1. It’s that time of the month again. Options expiration for March is Friday. This is a quadruple witching options expiration which means there are four asset classes expiring this week. It makes for a very choppy and erratic week especially in the popular stocks. I call this the real shark week as the institutional traders move stocks away from the strike prices where the retail options traders have placed their bets.
2. This Wednesday the FOMC will conclude a two day meeting. The Fed (central bank) is expected to raise rates by a quarter point (25-basis points). This should be baked into the stock market already as Fed Chairman Powell already stated this a couple weeks ago. The Fed also ended its QE bond buying program last week.
3. Chinese stocks that are traded in the US are getting slammed again today. Reports that there is a COVID outbreak in China is not helping these equities. These stocks have been free falling for months already and really cannot be traded at this stage of the game.
4. Yields are surging up again this morning by 10 basis points on the 10-year US Treasury note..
5. Gold/Silver pulling back today as expected during a quad witch. They’ve been strong and now they get to take a breather.
6. Bitcoin still looking weak but indecisive at this point. Larger timeframe chart is not looking strong.
Sign up (on the right side) for the free weekly newsletter.