CDC Says Fully Vaccinated Americans Can Go Without Masks Outdoors – Will Some Have ‘Reluctant Reentry’ Syndrome? Federal health officials said Tuesday that fully vaccinated Americans can go without masks outdoors when walking, jogging or biking outdoors, or dining with friends at outdoor restaurants. Dr. Carole Lieberman, who has been helping us survive psychologically throughout the pandemic, has now compiled a list of 10 symptoms of what she calls ‘Reluctant Reentry Syndrome’:
1. Vague discomfort about discovering what the ’new normal’ will turn out to be.
2. Dreading the pressure of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) – as more things open up.
3. Reluctance to get out of your comfy pajamas.
4. Not wanting to face the world after you’ve let yourself get fat and furry.
5. Agoraphobia – fear of being in crowds.
6. Fear of catching Covid19 because of new strains.
7. Dreading the awkwardness of reconnecting with friends, family and colleagues.
8. No longer having the excuse of lockdown to explain why you don’t have a partner.
9. Guilt over releasing your kids back into the scary world.
10. Realizing you don’t want to go back to your old life, but not knowing how to re-invent yourself.
Sign up (on the right side) for the free weekly newsletter.