Twitter Removes Trump Retweet About CDC Coronavirus Death Stats

by Penka Arsova
LaCorte News

Twitter on Sunday removed a post that President Trump retweeted, which misinterpreted coronavirus death statistics from the Central for Disease and Control.

The tweet came from user “Mel Q” and argued that the coronavirus is not as deadly as officials have reported. It said the CDC “quietly updated” the coronavirus death numbers to “admit that 6%” of people listed as coronavirus deaths “actually died from Covid,” and “the other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses.”

The tweet appeared to be copied from a Facebook post and included a link to it.

The numbers were pulled from the “Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)” page on the CDC website.

Continue Reading at…