Heye Daun has already experienced several successes as a mining entrepreneur and executive. And now it looks like he and his team are advancing yet another successful mining venture. Based on Osino Resources’ just-released drill results, Osino appears to have made a very significant gold discovery. Listen to this interview to learn about this gold discovery and how Heye and the team plan to advance the project to maximize shareholder value.
Heye has over 20 years of experience with top-tier mining companies and financial groups. As the former President & CEO of Ecuador Gold & Copper Corp. (“EGX”) he was instrumental in the creation of Lumina Gold Corp. through the C$200M merger of EGX with Odin Mining. He is a co-founder of Auryx Gold Corp. and co-lead Auryx through IPO, capital raising, project development to the C$180M sale to B2 Gold Corp. Prior to that he worked for Nedbank Capital and Old Mutual Investment Group. He spent the first ten years of his career with Rio Tinto, AngloGold-Ashanti and Gold Fields, building and operating mines in Africa.
2:09 Osino’s business plan and goals
4:14 Osino’s leadership’s past success
4:50 Karibib trend in central Namibia
5:31 Nearby gold mines to Osino’s gold projects
8:43 Initial discovery drill results
12:57 Upcoming assays and drill program
15:34 Treasury and burn rate
17:00 Possibility of a strategic investor
18:47 Why Namibia is like Texas or Switzerland
20:39 Potential challenges
22:00 Final thoughts
Key highlights from Osino Resources’ August 26th, 2019 press release:
- Completed 7-hole, maiden diamond drill program at Twin Hills Central on August 19, 2019.
- 3 out of 7 borehole assays received to date suggest a significant new gold discovery at Twin Hills Central, with wide zones of mineralization intersected in all holes, open along strike and down dip.
- Best gold intercepts include:
- 104m @ 0.70g/t Au (from 115m), incl. 10m @ 1.27g/t and 20m @ 1.11g/t
- 189m @ 0.69g/t Au (from 21m), incl. 14m @ 1.14g/t, 7m @ 1.42g/t and 5m @ 1.43g/t
- 78m @ 0.64g/t (from 91m) including 23m @ 1.01g/t
- Highest individual meter assays include:
- 5.70 and 4.76g/t (OKD002)
- 3.08 and 2.84g/t (OKD001)
- 4.29g/t (OKD003)
- The first two holes received end in mineralization at 1.11 and 1.43 g/t Au respectively
- Further RC and diamond drilling is planned for Q4 2019 at Twin Hills Central and other prospects