by Karl Denninger
After a Virginia toddler was bitten by a copperhead snake in his backyard last week, he was rushed to the hospital for life-saving medication — but now his parents are facing tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
At Inova Fairfax, Auden endured 16 vials of anti-venom treatment at $3,000 each — costing close to $50,000. That sum doesn’t include his emergency room visit, medical transfer between hospitals and the three days he spent in the intensive care unit because of an allergic reaction to the treatments.
Three thousand dollars a vial?