from Zero Hedge
What is known so far:
- Shots have been fired at the Olympia shopping mall in Munich, Germany. Multiple casualties and injuries have been reported, with local police reporting 8 dead and many injured.
- According to a statement by the Munich police on its facebook page, witnesses report three different people with firearms. The number of victims is currently unconfirmed.
- No perpetrators have been arrested and the search for them continues. Officers ask everyone in the urban area of Munich to stay indoors.
- Reuters add that the local police believes it is dealing with a “shooting rampage” following unconfirmed reports of a second shooter
- Public transportation services have been halted on multiple train, tram and bus lines after the shooting. The main train station in Munich is currently being evacuated.
- The Munich police has cited an “acute terror threat.”
- German Magazine Focus says that according to police sources, the one of the perpetrators has shot himself in the head.
- 9 Confirmed Dead