by Daily Bell Staff
The Daily Bell
Curry house owner jailed for six years after customer dies from nut allergy … Paul Wilson’s parents Margaret and Keith said he loved curry but was always clear with staff about his allergy, asking for his meals not to contain any peanuts … Businesses have been warned to take allergies seriously after a restaurateur was imprisoned for six years for killing a customer by selling him a curry containing peanuts. – Sydney Morning Herald
This is a very sad story about a young man who died after eating peanuts in an Indian dish.
He tried to make sure that the dish he ordered didn’t have peanuts, but it did.
Now the owner of the restaurant, Mohammed Zaman, 53, has been convicted of manslaughter because of Paul Wilson’s death.
Under a new law, he is responsible for Wilson’s death.